Search Engine Marketing – SEM Overview
SEM/PPC is spending money to advertise on search engines. Google Adwords and Bing AdCenter have most of the market cap for Search Engine advertising. The budget can be spent on pay per click campaigns and cost per 1000 impressions (CPM).
“high level” – PPC life cycle
Why use Paid Search Marketing
- Does your business want instant traffic (once its setup)?
- target keywords that you never can thru SEO
- protect your brand name (competitors may bid on your brand name results)
- have short branded campaigns? that requires quick supporting traffic to get the word out? Example: new product release.
- Create your ADs the way you want to. no more depending on content on your website to show up in search engine results.
- Complete control over what visitors see after the click. Landing page optimization for SEM can be part of the on page seo work done on the website.
- Detailed reports on what worked well for you. You get details on conversions (A desired action performed by a visitor. i.e: a lead, sale, add to cart etc…) thru various dimensions like Keywords, ADs, Landing pages, Geography, hour of the day, AD position, AD size and much more.
wondering what a search engine marketing firm can do for you? checkout our complete list of sem services.